Training F.A.Q.

See below for answers to some of the questions people frequently ask in relation to Wirraway Training.

Wirraway is not a Registered Training Organisation but rather deliver training and assessment through a partnership arrangement with Australian Based Learning Experiences who will issue the Cert III in outdoor recreation.

Where will this lead? Employment opportunities?

The Certificate III course leads to Certificate IV. The pathways for continuing to study in this area go through to higher level tertiary courses, or teaching (especially in PE). You could also find employment working in campsites anywhere in Australia or around the world. Some graduates work in resorts, trail riding organisations (the horsey ones!) or tourism, or become independent outdoor industry activity providers in their own right. Some have started up their own businesses. There are also opportunities to get into the administrative areas of the industry, and events, as well as into youth work.

How long will it take?

The course runs for 12 months, and recognition of prior learning is available for those who have had quality  prior experience in the area. It is ideal for a ‘gap year’ activity for those planning to go on to other tertiary studies.

>> Click here if you’re looking for Training Camp Information.