- This page is designed for our Bunkhouse Leaders and older volunteers – it’s full of useful stuff about leading, bibles studies, etc. Send us an email if you can think of any links / resources that might be helpful for other leaders.
1. OBTAINING A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
- CLICK HERE for the SAPOL website link to fill in your police check.
- Instructions for obtaining a police check for Wirraway as a volunteer (free!) : TBA – please email for more details.
2. BUNKHOUSE DISCUSSIONS
- These are a big part of our leader training seminar at our TRAINING CAMP held each year in December (for 15+ years)
- 10 Bunkhouse Discussions – PDF Download this for some examples of the types of discussion topics you can use each night. These might need some adjustment depending on the maturity level of the group you are leading – please feel free to use these or talk to the staff about topics and bible verses for discussion times.
- **NEW** – FRAMEWORK FOR BUNKHOUSE DISCUSSIONS. This is a really helpful flowchart to demonstrate what needs to go into a discussion group.
- Check out these studies on the letter to the Ephesians:
4.KEEP US UPDATED!
- Click here to fill out an online form / survey to keep us updated with your latest details!
- THE BIBLE – no suprises there I imagine… a good study bible is a great start – a good modern translation like the NIV (New International Version) bible – there’s notes along side to help you understand it – these can be bought at a good christian book shop or through your church for a reasonable price (anywhere from $20 up to $70 if you want a fancy leather one!). There’s plenty of online versions – like here.
- There are youth bibles, study bibles, life application bibles – many different versions depending on what you’re after. There’s one called the ESV (English Standard Version) that is quite good too- you can check out the ESV study bible here.
- For campers at Wirraway, we usually recommend they start with the New Testament, GOOD NEWS bible translation that we sell at our snack bar for the price of a chocolate bar. We also recommend that new Christians start with Mark which is quite easy to read and presents the story of Jesus in a shorter format.
- John Dickson books – some really useful stuff for youth here.
- How to read the bible for all its worth -by Gordon Fee, Douglas Stuart.
- The Essential Jesus - read it in a PDF file here.
- More recommendations here.
6. USEFUL LINKS
- Our LINKS PAGE has lots of resources and links to churches and youth groups. (If you’re doing year 12 there is an interesting site from Sydney. You can also ind a church or youth group using this list. Please email us to add yours!)
View Churches and Youth Groups in a larger map